To enhance the value of TCIA collections for future research we encourage the research community to publish analysis datasets to augment our primary datasets. Potential data types of interest include analysis results such as tumor segmentations, radiomics features, derived/reprocessed images, and radiologist assessments.
If your analysis results include voxel-based segmentations, parametric maps (e.g., maps of DCE or DWI MRI model parameter fits), or measurements derived from the segmented regions (e.g., radiomics features), you may consider using the dcmqi library (github link) to convert your dataset into standard DICOM representation.
Submitting a request to publish analysis results
In order to publish analysis results you must first identify the subset of TCIA data that you analyzed. This is done by creating a shared list using TCIA’s Data Portal (see “Creating a Shared List“). Once a shared list is created you can send a request to publish your dataset to TCIA’s help desk providing the following information:
- Shared List Name – The name of the TCIA shared list that identifies the data you have analyzed. (required – See Creating a Shared List for assistance)
- Title – The title of your dataset.
- Authors – The names of the authors who helped generate the dataset in the order you would like them to appear in the citation.
- Abstract – A brief abstract of the data. It should include how you selected the image data, how any analyses were generated/collected, and what the potential value of this data is for other TCIA users.
- Special Instructions – Any guidance about the timing of when we publish the DOI (e.g. it should not be listed until a related manuscript is published) or other questions/concerns.
Once we process your request your dataset will be published in our Analysis Results directory and will be assigned a unique/persistent digital object identifier (DOI). This DOI can be used to cite your dataset and also provides a web link to easily direct people to your data.
Analysis Results Directory
An alphabetical A listing of published analysis results data sets based upon TCIA-hosted data (sorted from newest to oldest):