To enhance the value of TCIA collections for future research we encourage the research community to publish analysis datasets to augment existing TCIA image collections. Potential data types of interest include analysis results such as radiologist or pathologist annotations, image classifications, segmentations, radiomics features, or derived/reprocessed images.
If your analysis results include voxel-based segmentations, parametric maps (e.g., maps of DCE or DWI MRI model parameter fits), or measurements derived from the segmented regions (e.g., radiomics features), we strongly encourage you may to consider using the dcmqi library (github link) to to convert your dataset into standard DICOM representation. We will work with you as part of the submission process to help you use this and other tools to prepare your submission in a format suitable for archival and reuse.
Submitting a request to publish analysis resultsIn order
share analysis resultsyou must first identify the subset of TCIA images that you analyzed. For radiology images this can be done by compiling a list of Series Instance UIDs or by using the Share My Cart feature in the Data Portal. For pathology images this step may require some discussion with our helpdesk. You can send a request to publish your dataset to TCIA’s help desk providing the following information:
- Shared Cart URL or Series Instance UID List – For radiology images, provide the "Share your cart" URL that identifies the data you have analyzed or a text file which contains your Series Instance UIDs. For pathology images provide a brief explanation of which collection(s) and slides you used.
- Title – The title of your dataset.
- Authors – The names of the authors who helped generate the dataset in the order you would like them to appear in the citation.
- Abstract – A brief abstract of the data. It should include how you selected the image data, how any analyses were generated/collected, and what the potential value of this data is for other TCIA users.
- Special Instructions – Any guidance about the timing of when we publish the DOI (e.g. it should not be listed until a related manuscript is published) or other questions/concerns.
on TCIA can be submitted by filling out this application form. Proposals will be reviewed on a monthly basis by the TCIA Advisory Group. If accepted, your proposal will be prioritized and assigned to one of our curation teams who will assist you through the submission process. Your data will be published with a citation and corresponding digital object identifier (DOI) which can becited in publications which use your data
cited in publications. To help other users find your dataset on TCIA entries will be added on the Collection pages of any TCIA dataset your analyses utilized, and alsoto our
to our Analysis Results directorypage
Analysis Results Directory
A listing of published analysis results data sets based upon TCIA-hosted data (sorted from newest to oldest):