You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
We would like to acknowledge the individuals and institutions:
- Canadian Cancer Society, grant #705772
- National Cancer institute of the National Institutes of Health under #U24CA199374
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Please note that Box has a 15GB download limit, so you will need to download images in batches.
Number of Participants
Number of Images
|Images Size (GB)||
The Post-NAT-BRCA dataset is composed of:
• 96 whole slide images stored in an uncompressed .svs file format, standard for pathology slides. Slides were scanned at 20x objective on an Aperio slide scanner at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
• An Excel (.xlsx) file containing clinical features for each patient including age, treatment, ER/PR/HER2 status etc. A key and detailed description of each column is provided in a separate tab titled "Definitions". Each row in the spreadsheet corresponds to a single (.svs) slide and anonymised patient ID's are provided in a separate column.
• Manual annotations of tumor cellularity and cell labels, provided as Sedeen annotation files (.xml). Annotations are given in two directories, where the "WSI_train" folder contains WSIs annotated by a single rater and "WSI_test" was annotated by two raters.
To browse whole slide images and annotations, we highly recommend you use Pathcore's Sedeen Viewer which is available for free: https://pathcore.com/sedeen/
Please ensure that the "sedeen" folder is unzipped and placed into the same folder containing the .svs files. Sedeen Viewer loads annotations from this folder automatically when images are opened.
Upon opening WSIs in Sedeen, you will notice that annotations have been color-coded according to the following key:
- Pink: Healthy (0% tumor cellularity)
- Blue: Low tumor cellularity (0 - 30%)
- Yellow: Medium tumor cellularity (31 - 70%)
- Green: High tumor cellularity (70 - 100%)
- White: Contains annotations at the cell level and labeled as:
- Lymphocyte: TIL-E, TIL-S
- Normal Epithelial: normal, UDH, ADH,
- Malignant Epithelial: IDC, ILC, Muc C, DCIS 1, DCIS 2, DCIS 3, MC- E, MC - C, MC - M
Citations & Data Usage Policy
Add any special restrictions in here.Users of this data must abide by the TCIA Data Usage Policy and the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License under which it has been published. Attribution should include references to the following citations:
"Martel, A. L., Nofech-Mozes, S., Salama, S., Akbar, S., & Peikari, M. (2019). Assessment of Residual Breast Cancer Cellularity after Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy using Digital Pathology [Data set]. The Cancer Imaging Archive. https://doi.org/10.7937/TCIA.2019.4YIBTJNO"
1) Peikari, M., Salama, S., Nofech-Mozes, S. and Martel, A.L., 2017. Automatic cellularity assessment from post-treated breast surgical specimens. Cytometry Part A, 91(11), pp.1078-1087.
Clark K, Vendt B, Smith K, Freymann J, Kirby J, Koppel P, Moore S, Phillips S, Maffitt D, Pringle M, Tarbox L, Prior F. The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA): Maintaining and Operating a Public Information Repository, Journal of Digital Imaging, Volume 26, Number 6, December, 2013, pp 1045-1057. DOI: 10.1007/s10278-013-9622-7
Other Publications Using This Data
- Akbar, S., Peikari, M., Salama, S., Panah, A. Y., Nofech-Mozes, S., Martel, A. L. (2019) Automated and Manual Quantification of Tumour Cellularity in Digital Slides for Tumour Burden Assessment. Sci Rep, 9, 14099. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-50568-4
- No labels