- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Cancer Genome Atlas-Glioblastoma Multiforme (TCGA-GBM) data collection is part of a larger effort to enhance the TCGA data set with characterized radiological images. The Cancer Imaging Program (CIP) with the cooperation of several of the TCGA tissue-contributing institutions has archived a large portion of the radiological images of the genetically-analyzed GBM cases.
Clinical, genetic, and pathological data reside in the TCGA data portal, while the radiological data is stored on The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA). The data utilizes the same TCGA patient identifiers in both repositories, allowing researchers to explore the correlations between tissue genotype and radiological phenotype. This collection within TCIA is related to the GBM disease type within TCGA.
CIP TCGA Radiology Initiative
The CIP is supporting multiple projects within the academic community to encourage cross disciplinary research, which utilizes the data provided in these resources. Much more can be learned about this effort on the TCGA Glioma Phenotype Research Group page.
We would like to acknowledge the individuals and institutions that have provided data for this collection:
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI - Special thanks to Lisa Scarpace and Tom Mikkelsen, MD from the Department of Neurosurgery, Hermelin Brain Tumor Center.
- University of California, San Francisco, CA - Special thanks to Soonmee Cha, MD from the Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX - Special thanks to Sujaya Rao and Sangeeta Tekchandani from the Office of Translational/Clinical Research.
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA - Special thanks to David Gutman, MD, Ph.D. and Joel Saltz, MD, Ph.D. from the Center for Comprehensive Informatics.
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN- Special thanks to Bradley J. Erickson, MD, Ph.D. from the Department of Radiology, Mayo Medical School.
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelpha, PA - Special thanks to Nancy Pedano and Adam E. Flanders, MD from the Department of Radiology, Jefferson Medical College.
- CWRU School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH - Special thanks to Jill Barnholtz-Sloan, Ph.D. and Quinn Ostrom, MA, MPH from Case Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC - Special thanks to Daniel Barboriak, MD and Laura J Pierce.