Clinical, genetic, and pathology data resides in the TCGA data portal while the radiological data is stored on The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA). The data utilizes the same TCGA patient identifiers in both repositories, allowing researchers to explore the correlations between tissue genotype and radiological phenotype. This Collection within TCIA is related to the GBM disease type within TCGA.
Institutions We would like to acknowledge the individuals and institutions that have provided data for this collection include:
- Henry Ford
- MD Anderson
- MayoHospital, Detroit, MI - Special thanks to Lisa Scarpace and Tom Mikkelsen, MD from the Department of Neurosurgery, Hermelin Brain Tumor Center.
- University of California, San Francisco, CA - Special thanks to Soonmee Cha, MD from the Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX - Special thanks to Sujaya Rao from the Office of Translational/Clinical Research.
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA - Special thanks to David Gutman, MD, PhD and Joel Saltz, MD, PhD from the Center for Comprehensive Informatics.
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN - Special thanks to Bradley J. Erickson, MD, PhD from the Department of Radiology, Mayo Medical School.
- Thomas Jefferson (coming soon)
Number of Patients
Number of Studies
Number of Series
4 7,771 951
Number of Images
You can view and download these images on the Cancer Imaging Archive by selecting the TCGA-GBM collection. If you are unsure how to download this Collection view our quick guide on Searching by Collection or you can refer to our The Cancer Imaging Archive User's Guide for more detailed instructions on using the site.