- Please note that it is not currently possible to visualize this annotation and markup on top of the images themselves. The Cancer Imaging Program is exploring the possibility of converting this XML into a standardized format so that it could be visualized in commonly available workstations, but no definite estimate of completion is available at this time.
- For a subset of approximately 100 cases from among the initial 399 cases released, inconsistent rating systems were used among the 5 sites with regard to the spiculation and lobulation characteristics of lesions identified as nodules > 3 mm. The XML nodule characteristics data as it exists for some cases will be impacted by this error. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Also note that the XML files do not store radiologist annotations in a manner that allows for a comparison of individual radiologist reads across cases (i.e., the first reader recorded in the XML file of one CT scan will not necessarily be the same radiologist as the first reader recorded in the XML file of another CT scan).
- March 2010: Contrary to previous documentation, the correct ordering for the subjective nodule lobulation and nodule spiculation rating scales stored in the XML files is 1=none to 5=marked. The issue of consistency noted in issue 1 still remains to be corrected.
- Note: On 2012-03-21 the XML associated with patient LIDC-IDRI-0101 was updated with a corrected version of the file.
- Nodule size list for the LIDC public cases - This link provides a list of available cases and the associated size of each identified nodule.Nodule size list for the LIDC public cases
- lidc-idri nodule counts (6-23-2015).xlsx - This link provides an accounting of the total number of nodules for each LIDC-IDRI patient.
For a limited set of cases, LIDC sites were able to identify diagnostic data associated with the case.