The guiding principles of the QIN data sharing policy are as follows:
|title||QIN Data Sharing Policy|
- Fairness, collegiality, and cooperation in the joint pursuit of scientific advancement. The QIN encourages use of resources generated within the QIN consistent with the missions of the QIN and the NCI.
- The QIN has a responsibility to ensure that the use of QIN Resource is ethical and scientifically sound.
- Data will be shared in a manner that allows good use to be made of them. This includes, for example, proper documentation, indexing, or curation/vetting of data where appropriate.
- Appropriate attribution and acknowledgement for QIN Resources will be provided.
- QIN data and images typically will not be released to individuals or companies prior to the publication of the projects primary aim manuscript.
- Data sharing will not burden the QIN's resources such as to impede its ability to pursue its primary research.
- Investigators interested in asking research questions of data collected as part of QIN projects are encouraged to do so as a collaborative effort within the QIN structure.
- Investigators interested in using QIN data must agree to adhere to the QIN publication policy.