- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) constitutes approximately 25% of the pediatric cancers. In general, the task of identifying immature leukemic blasts from normal cells under the microscope is challenging because morphologically the images of the two cells appear similar. In this paper, we propose a deep learning framework for classifying immature leukemic blasts and normal cells. The proposed model combines the Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) domain features extracted via CNN with the Optical Density (OD) space features to build a robust classifier. Elaborate experiments have been conducted to validate the proposed LeukoNet classifier.
|Data Type||Download all or Query/Filter|
|Images (.bmp, 10.44 GB)|
|Supplemental Data (csv, pdf)|
Image Removed Image Removed
Number of Patients
Number of Studies
Number of Images
|Images Size (GB)10.44|
Challenge is split into 3 separate phases:
Train set composition:
Total subjects: 73, ALL (cancer): 47, Normal: 26
Total cell images: 10,661, ALL(cancer): 7272, Normal: 3389
Preliminary test set composition:
Total subjects: 28, ALL (cancer): 13, Normal: 15
Total cell images: 1867, ALL(cancer): 1219, Normal: 648
Final test set composition:
17, ALL (cancer): 9, Normal: 8
Total cell images: 2586
|title||Citations & Data Usage Policy|
Citations & Data Usage Policy
Add any special restrictions in here.
These collections are freely available to browse, download, and use for commercial, scientific and educational purposes as outlined in the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Questions may be directed to email@example.com. Please be sure to acknowledge both this data set and TCIA in publications by including the following citations in your work:
DOI goes here. Create using pubhub with information from Collection Approval form
Additional Publications using this dataset:
- Anubha Gupta, Rahul Duggal, Shiv Gehlot, Ritu Gupta, Anvit Mangal, Lalit Kumar, Nisarg Thakkar, and Devprakash Satpathy,
- "GCTI-SN: Geometry-Inspired Chemical and Tissue Invariant Stain Normalization of Microscopic Medical Images,
- " Medical Image Analysis, vol. 65, Oct 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.media.2020.101788.
- Rahul Duggal, Anubha Gupta, Ritu Gupta, and Pramit Mallick, "SD-Layer: Stain Deconvolutional Layer for CNNs in Medical Microscopic Imaging," In: Descoteaux M., Maier-Hein L., Franz A., Jannin P., Collins D., Duchesne S. (eds) Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention − MICCAI 2017, MICCAI 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Part III, LNCS 10435, pp. 435–443. Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66179-7_50.
- Rahul Duggal, Anubha Gupta, Ritu Gupta, Manya Wadhwa, and Chirag Ahuja, “Overlapping Cell Nuclei Segmentation in Microscopic Images UsingDeep Belief Networks,” Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP), India, December 2016.