- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI - Special thanks to Lisa Scarpace and Tom Mikkelsen, MD from the Department of Neurosurgery, Hermelin Brain Tumor Center.
- University of California, San Francisco, CA - Special thanks to Soonmee Cha, MD from the Department of Neurological Surgery, Brain Tumor Research Center.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX - Special thanks to Sujaya Rao and Sangeeta Tekchandani from the Office of Translational/Clinical Research.
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA - Special thanks to David Gutman, MD, PhD and Joel Saltz, MD, PhD from the Center for Comprehensive Informatics.
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN - Special thanks to Bradley J. Erickson, MD, PhD from the Department of Radiology, Mayo Medical School.
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelpha, PA - Special thanks to Nancy Pedano and Adam E. Flanders, MD from the Department of Radiology, Jefferson Medical College. (Submission in progress)
Here is just a sample of some of the corresponding clinical data available in the TCGA data portal which can be matched to the patient identifiers of the images here in TCIA:
Number of Patients
Number of Studies
Number of Series
7 8,951 624
Number of Images
603 637,425 377
You can view and download these images on the Cancer Imaging Archive by selecting the TCGA-GBM collection. If you are unsure how to download this Collection view our quick guide on Searching by Collection or you can refer to our The Cancer Imaging Archive User's Guide for more detailed instructions on using the site.
The Cancer Imaging Program has begun is supporting multiple projects to collaborate with within the academic community to encourage cross disciplinary research which utilizes the data provided in these resources. Much more can be learned about this effort on the TCGA Glioma Phenotype Research Group page.