SummaryThis collection consists of magnetic resonance images (MRI) of genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs) of breast cancer. These images were acquired as part of a Department of Defense (DOD) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) Postdoctoral Award W81XWH-12-1-0307 entitled “Investigating Ductal Carcinoma in Situ Using Noninvasive Imaging of Genetically Engineered Mouse Models
A particular emphasis of this project was to study the earliest stages of breast cancer—preinvasive ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)—and to interrogate the underlying genetic events that influence progression into invasive disease. In particular, we focused on the role of perturbed Rb, p53 and BRCA1 functionality and how these pathways, acting alone and in combination, can influence the development and progression of DCIS. GEMMs serve as an excellent model system wherein genetic changes can be controlled and manipulated over time. In vivo MRI is a superb technique for noninvasively tracking and characterizing these microscopic early stage cancers as they develop, change and transition into lethal invasive disease.
For more information, please contact Dr. Sunny Jansen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We would like to acknowledge the individuals and institutions that have provided data for this collection:
- National Cancer Institute (Frederick, Maryland) - Special thanks to Sunny Jansen, PhD from the Department of Mouse Cancer Genetics Program.
Choosing the Download option will provide you with a file to launch the TCIA Download Manager to download the entire collection. If you want to browse or filter the data to select only specific scans/studies please use the Search By Collection option.
Click the Versions tab for more info about data releases.
Number of Patients
Number of Studies
Number of Series
Number of Images
|Images Size (GB)||8.6|
A presentation about a related Mouse GBM data set can be found at: Sunny_jansen_NBIA_mouseGBM_update_ICR_508.ppt.
Citations & Data Usage Policy
This collection is freely available to browse, download, and use for commercial, scientific and educational purposes as outlined in the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. See TCIA's Data Usage Policies and Restrictions for additional details. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Please be sure to include the following citations in your work if you use this data set:
Jansen, Sunny, Ileva, Lilia, Lu, Lucy, & Van Dyke, Terry. (2015). TCIA Mouse-Mammary Collection. The Cancer Imaging Archive. http://doi.org/10.7937/K9/TCIA.2015.9P42KSE6
Clark K, Vendt B, Smith K, Freymann J, Kirby J, Koppel P, Moore S, Phillips S, Maffitt D, Pringle M, Tarbox L, Prior F. The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA): Maintaining and Operating a Public Information Repository, Journal of Digital Imaging, Volume 26, Number 6, December, 2013, pp 1045-1057. (paper)
Other Publications Using This Data
- Jansen SA et al, NMR Biomed. 2011 Aug;24(7):880-7.
- Jansen SA et al, Breast Cancer Res. 2009;11(5):R65.
- Jansen SA et al, Radiology. 2009 Nov;253(2):399-406.
- Jansen SA et al, Phys Med Biol. 2008 Oct 7;53(19):5481-93.
- DOD Award: http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA585341.
- Jansen SA., Ductile carcinoma in situ: magnetic resonance and ultrasound imaging in mouse models of breast cancer (Mouse.Mammary.MRI.Ultrasound.Summary.pdf).
- Jansen S., Investigating genetic events in the progression of ductal carcinoma in situ (Mouse.Mammary.Genetics.DCIS.pdf).
If you have a publication you'd like to add please contact the TCIA Helpdesk.
- No labels