How do I search and download images as well as find out information about a specific collection?
Let's begin by using the the modality of MR as an example to download MRI images of the Prostate, follow the steps below:
1. Log into TCIA.
2. Click on the Search Images link.
3. If you want to download all the MRI prostate images then select under Image Modality(ies) MR, under Anatomical Site, select Prostate and click on Submit.
4. Click on the "CHECK ALL" button to select them all. Once you have selected the series that you wish to download and click the "Add To Basket" button. This puts all the series from every page in the basket. For determining collection that the images go to, when you select the MR and Prostate and the system does the search, the collection ID will show up along with the subject ID.
5. Select "View My Basket".
6. On the next page, you do not need to check any boxes unless you wish to remove a series from your basket. In that case, you would select the box and then click on the "Remove Selected Items" button at the top.
7. Click on the Download Manager link.
You can reference the corresponding wiki pages for any particular collection when you are logged into TCIA. From the search page, in the Collection area, mouse over and click on the “question mark” which will return information on each collection. If there is a wiki available for the collection, click on it.
OR You can find additional information pertaining to image data from the TCIA home page > http://www.cancerimagingarchive.net/
You do not need to be logged into TCIA to view this information. In the middle of the page, under For Researchers, click on the link titled The Image Collections which will direct you to our Public Wiki. This wiki pages is organized into purpose-built Collections.