Retrieving data by collection is an easy and convenient way to grab a set of related data, usually assembled with a specific scientific objective in mind. Below is a quick guide for searching and downloading collections in The Cancer Imaging Archive.
Registration and Login
- NB: For most collections in the archive, it is no longer required to register a username and log in.
- From the Cancer Imaging Archive Homepage, click the golden button at the right.
- You'll be taken to the site as below. Click on "Register Now" as circled below.
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Fill out the registration form.
- You should receive an automated email with a link to confirm your identity. Once you click the link to confirm, you will be ready to log in.
- Navigate to https://cancerimagingarchive.net.
- Log in with your new credentials.
Searching by Collection
- Click the Search Images link in the center of the page.
- Scroll down through the search criteria until you see the collections section.
- Select the check box for the collection in which you are interested.
- Note: you can click the icons next to each collection name to learn more about what kind of images it contains.
- Optionally you can change the number of results per page if you'd like to see more than 10 at a time.
- Press Submit.
- Browse the collection by clicking on any patient in the search results, or move on to the next section if you only wish to download the data.
Downloading the Collection
- Press the Check All button and then Add to Basket. (or select just the cases you want to download by clicking their check boxes, then Add to Basket).
- Press the View My Basket button at the bottom of the page (or View Contents in the left menu bar).
- Press the Download Manager button to open a Java applet and specify where you'd like to save your images.