You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Additional Publications using this dataset:
- Ritu Gupta, Pramit Mallick, Rahul Duggal, Anubha Gupta, and Ojaswa Sharma, "Stain Color Normalization and Segmentation of Plasma Cells in Microscopic Images as a Prelude to Development of Computer Assisted Automated Disease Diagnostic Tool in Multiple Myeloma," 16th International Myeloma Workshop (IMW), India, March 2017.
- Rahul Duggal, Anubha Gupta, Ritu Gupta, and Pramit Mallick, "SD-Layer: Stain Deconvolutional Layer for CNNs in Medical Microscopic Imaging," In: Descoteaux M., Maier- Hein L., Franz A., Jannin P., Collins D., Duchesne S. (eds) Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention − MICCAI 2017, MICCAI 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Part III, LNCS 10435, pp. 435–443. Springer, Cham. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-66179-7_50 .
- Rahul Duggal, Anubha Gupta, Ritu Gupta, Manya Wadhwa, and Chirag Ahuja, “Overlapping Cell Nuclei Segmentation in Microscopic Images UsingDeep Belief Networks,” Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP), India, December 2016.
Click the Download button to browse and download the data from Box.
|Data Type||Download all or Query/Filter|
|Images (BMP, TIFF, 2.9 GB)|
Click the Versions tab for more info about data releases.
Number of Participants
Number of Studies
Number of Images
|Images Size (GB)||2.9|
Data subset-1: ALL images
Microscopic images were captured from bone marrow aspirate slides of patients diagnosed with B-lineage Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (B-ALL). Slides were stained using Jenner-Giemsa stain and lymphoblasts, that are cells of interest, have been evaluated. Images were captured in raw BMP format with a size of 2560x1920 pixels using Nikon Eclipse-200 microscope equipped with a digital camera at 1000x magnification. In all, this dataset consists of 30 images, wherein one image has been used as the reference image and the proposed stain normalization method has been tested on 29 images. For each of these 30 images, we have also provided two additional images that contain the nucleus mask and the background mask, respectively, for that particular image. For example, if the original file is saved with the name “ALL_1.bmp”, the corresponding image with mask on the nuclei is saved as “ALL_1_nucleus_mask.bmp”, and the corresponding image with mask on the background is saved as “ALL_1_background_mask.bmp Thus, in all, we have 90 images for this dataset.
Data subset-2: MM images
The third data subset contains microscopic images captured from slides prepared from bone marrow aspirate collected from patients with Multiple Myeloma (MM). Slides are stained using Jenner-Giemsa stain and plasma cells, that are cells of interest, have been evaluated. A total of 30 images have been considered, wherein one image has been used as the reference image to which 29 images have been stain normalized. For each of these 30 images, we have also provided two additional images that contain the nucleus mask and the background mask, respectively, for that particular image. For example, if the original file is saved with the name “MM_1.bmp”, the corresponding image with mask on the nuclei is saved as “MM_1_nucleus_mask.bmp”, and the corresponding image with mask on the background is saved as “MM_1_background_mask.bmp. In addition, for 17 images, the mask images are also provided for the cytoplasm of the plasma cells, namely, “MM_1_cyto_mask.bmp. Thus, in all, we have 100 images for this dataset.
Citations & Data Usage Policy
Users of this data must abide by the TCIA Data Usage Policy and the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License under which it has been published. Attribution should include references to the following citations:
Gupta, A., & Gupta, R. (2019). SN-AM Dataset: White Blood Cancer Dataset of B-ALL and MM for Stain Normalization [Data set]. The Cancer Imaging Archive. https://doi.org/10.7937/tcia.2019.of2w8lxr
- Anubha Gupta, Rahul Duggal, Shiv Gehlot, Ritu Gupta, Anvit Mangal, Lalit Kumar, Nisarg Thakkar, and Devprakash Satpathy, "GCTI-SN: Geometry-Inspired Chemical and Tissue Invariant Stain Normalization of Microscopic Medical Images," Medical Image Analysis, vol. 65, Oct 2020. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.media.2020.101788.
- Anubha Gupta, Pramit Mallick, Ojaswa Sharma, Ritu Gupta, and Rahul Duggal, "PCSeg: Color model driven probabilistic multiphase level set based tool for plasma cell segmentation in multiple myeloma," PLoS ONE 13(12): e0207908, Dec 2018, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0207908.
Clark K, Vendt B, Smith K, Freymann J, Kirby J, Koppel P, Moore S, Phillips S, Maffitt D, Pringle M, Tarbox L, Prior F. The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA): Maintaining and Operating a Public Information Repository, Journal of Digital Imaging, Volume 26, Number 6, December, 2013, pp 1045-1057. DOI: 10.1007/s10278-013-9622-7
Other Publications Using This Data
- No labels