You can create a valid manifest file in the following ways:
Creating a Manifest File Using TCIA
To use the NBIA Data Retriever, you must already have a manifest file that lists the files you want to download. You create the manifest file by searching the radiology portal of The Cancer Imaging Archive. After installing the NBIA Data Retriever, double-click this manifest file to invoke the application.
Double-clicking the NBIA Data Retriever icon alone does not invoke the NBIA Data Retriever.
To create a manifest file:
- Search for images of interest.
- Add those images to your cart.
- Download images using the NBIA Data Retriever.
A manifest file is created and downloaded to your computer.
- If you have already installed the NBIA Data Retriever, double-click the manifest file to open it using the NBIA Data Retriever. Click Open when your web browser prompts you to open the file.
- If you want to use this manifest file to download images more than once or download images you select on other machines, click Save at the web browser prompt. You can then double-click the saved manifest file in Windows Explorer on Windows, Finder on Mac, or File Manager on Linux to invoke the NBIA Data Retriever.
Creating a Manifest File Using the Manifest Text API
Refer to the Manifest Text API documentation for instructions on how to use the API. The outcome of the REST API call must be saved as a text file with the extension .tcia.
Example Manifest Text Query
The API returns text that can be used as a manifest file for the NBIA Data Retriever.