SummaryProstate cancer T1- and T2-weighted magnetic resonance images (MRIs) were acquired on a 1.5 T Philips Achieva by combined surface and endorectal coil, including dynamic contrast-enhanced images obtained prior to, during and after I.V. administration of 0.1 mmol/kg body weight of Gadolinium-DTPA (pentetic acid). For scientific inquiries relating to the data-set, please contact Drs. C. Carl Jaffe (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicolas Bloch (email@example.com).
Click the Download button to save a ".tcia" manifest file to your computer, which you must open with the NBIA Data Retriever. Click the Search button to open our Data Portal, where you can browse the data collection and/or download a subset of its contents.
|Data Type||Download all or Query/Filter|
|Images (DICOM, 5.6GB)|
|Clinical Metadata (XLS)|
|Multi-component NRRD Segmentations (zip)|
|Seminal vesicles (SV) and neurovascular bundle (NVB) Segmentations (zip)|
Click the Versions tab for more info about data releases.
Third Party Analyses of this Dataset
TCIA encourages the community to publish your analyses of our datasets. Below is a list of such third party analyses published using this Collection:
MR (T1, T2, and DCE sequences)
Number of Participants
Number of Studies
Number of Series
Number of Images
|Image Size (GB)||5.6|
Corresponding clinical metadata (XLS format) and 3D segmentation files (NRRD format) are offered as a supplement to this image collection.
- Prostate-Diagnosis metadata (updated 2012-05-07) - The XLS file contains pathology biopsy and excised gland tissue reports and the MRI radiology report for most subjects.
- NRRD 3D segmentations (2 separate sets of segmentations available)
- NRRD segmentations (updated 2012-05-07)- The software used to generate the NRRD files on the MR T2W_TSE_AX image sequences was 3DSlicer. The 3DSlicer NRRD files allow visualization and downstream analysis of the following prostate components: prostate gland boundary; internal capsule; central gland, peripheral zone; seminal vesicles; urethra; cancer – dominant nodule; neurovascular bundle; penile bulb; ejaculatory duct; veru-montanum; and rectum. Presently, there are available mark-ups of 5 cases (case extension #'s 0006, 0014, 0019, 0021, 0048). These markups are made public courtesy (and copyrighted by) Dr. Nicolas Bloch as portions of his forthcoming online prostate cancer image atlas.
- NCI_ISBI_Challenge-ProstateDx_Training_Segmentations.zip- This file contains segmentations for 30 Prostate-Diagnosis subjects in NRRD format which mark the boundaries of the central gland and peripheral zone. This data was provided as part of the NCI-ISBI 2013 Challenge - Automated Segmentation of Prostate Structures.
- ProstateDx_1.5T_Training_Segmentations.zip - Segmentations of the neurovascular bundle and seminal vessicles are available as MHA files. These were provided as part of a planned follow up competition that did not materialize.
- Note: see our tutorial on Using 3D Slicer with the Prostate-Diagnosis data if you are not familiar with using this kind of data.
Citations & Data Usage Policy
This collection is freely available to browse, download, and use for commercial, scientific and educational purposes as outlined in the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. See TCIA's Data Usage Policies and Restrictions for additional details. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include the following citations in your work if you use this data set:
Bloch, B. Nicolas, Jain, Ashali, & Jaffe, C. Carl. (2015). Data From PROSTATE-DIAGNOSIS. The Cancer Imaging Archive. http://doi.org/10.7937/K9/TCIA.2015.FOQEUJVT
Clark K, Vendt B, Smith K, Freymann J, Kirby J, Koppel P, Moore S, Phillips S, Maffitt D, Pringle M, Tarbox L, Prior F. The Cancer Imaging Archive (TCIA): Maintaining and Operating a Public Information Repository, Journal of Digital Imaging, Volume 26, Number 6, December, 2013, pp 1045-1057. (paper)
Other Publications Using This Data
TCIA maintains a list of publications which leverage our data. At this time we are not aware of any publications based on this data. If you have a publication you'd like to add please contact the TCIA Helpdesk.
Version 1 (Current): Updated 2013/01/30