If you would prefer to interact with TCIA's
Helpdesk staff, please visit https://www.cancerimagingarchive.net/support
For help using TCIA:
The Cancer Imaging Archive team participated in the "Public Cancer Imaging Data Repositories for Biomedical Data Science Research" tutorial workshop at the 23rd international conference on Medical Image Computing & Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI) on October 8, 2020. The workshop included the following 4 presentations:
Introduction & Publishing New Data on TCIA - John Freymann
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/499274672" width="640" height="360" frameborder="1" fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Browsing Radiology and Pathology Data - Justin Kirby
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/499274699" width="640" height="323" frameborder="1" fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Searching/filtering/displaying data - Lawrence Tarbox
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/499274736" width="640" height="360" frameborder="1" fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Additional tools to access the data - Fred Prior
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/499274789" width="640" height="360" frameborder="1" fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Accessing TCIA data
Review the following documentation:
- Cancer Imaging Archive User's Guide - An extensive guide documenting all of the features within the TCIA web siteSearching by Collection - A short guide on how to search by Collection in NBIA. Collections are purpose-built data sets relating to a common scientific research initiative or project.
- Image Collections - This wiki page lists all of the different collections hosted within TCIA.
- TCIA Citation Guidelines - Guidance on how to cite TCIA in various contexts
For submitting data to TCIA:
- Requesting Permission to Upload your data
- Data Usage Policies and Restrictions - Guidance on usage restrictions and citation guidelines.
Submitting Data to TCIA
- Contribute Data - If you're interested in providing data to host on TCIA this is the place to start the process.
- What to expect as an Image Provider - This page provides a high level summary of the major steps involved in submitting your data to TCIA.
- Image Submitter Site User's Guide - A detailed guide outlining the steps necessary to complete your submission to TCIA.
- TCIA Submission Quick Start Guide 9-17-2014.docx - please read about the two types of data we accept:
- TCIA HIPAA and PHI Compliance - An overview of the implementation of DICOM de-identification standards (Attribute Confidentiality Profile – DICOM PS 3.15: Appendix E) used by TCIA.
- Quick Start Guide: Using TCIA's CTP based Submission Wizard Software to Submit Images - A quick start guide to installing CTP the Submission Wizard and transmitting images to TCIA. TCIA HIPAA and PHI Compliance - An overview of the implementation of DICOM WG 18 Supplement 142 Guidance in TCIA data processing
- How to Submit Histopathology Data to TCIA - A quick start guide for transmitting histopathology images to TCIA.